There are many ways to lose a lot of weight fast.
However, most of them will make you hungry and unsatisfied.
If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly.
The plan outlined here will:
- Reduce your appetite significantly.
- Make you lose weight quickly, without hunger.
- Improve your metabolic health at the same time.
Here is a simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast.
1. Cut Back on Sugars and Starches
The most important part is to cut back on sugars and starches (carbs).
When you do that, your hunger levels go down and you end up eating much fewer calories.
Easier said than done, but because using the appetite supressant medication in our SkinnyJab programmes, its a piece of cake!!
Now instead of burning carbs for energy, your body starts feeding off of stored fat.
Another benefit of cutting carbs is that it lowers insulin levels, causing your kidneys to shed excess sodium and water out of your body. This reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight.
It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat and water weight.
The low-carb group is eating until fullness, while the low-fat group is calorie-restricted and hungry.
Cut the carbs and you will start to eat fewer calories automatically and without hunger (5).
Put simply, cutting carbs puts fat loss on autopilot.
SUMMARY: Removing sugars and starches (carbs) from your diet will reduce your appetite, lower your insulin levels and make you lose weight without hunger.
As explained in a previous blog, coming off sugar can be worse than coming off cocaine. The SkinnyJab Programme helps you bridge this gap and softens the blow tonasty withdrawal symptoms
2. Eat Protein, Fat and Vegetables
Each one of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables.
Constructing your meals in this way will automatically bring your carb intake into the recommended range of 20-50 grams per day.
- Meat: Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.
- Fish and Seafood: Salmon, trout, shrimp, etc.
- Eggs: Whole eggs with the yolk are best.
The importance of eating plenty of protein cannot be overstated.
This has been shown to boost metabolism by 80 to 100 calories per day (6, 7, 8).
High-protein diets can also reduce cravings and obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, reduce the desire for late-night snacking by half, and make you so full that you automatically eat 441 fewer calories per day — just by adding protein to your diet (9, 10).
When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Period.
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
Don’t be afraid to load your plate with these low-carb vegetables. You can eat massive amounts of them without going over 20-50 net carbs per day.
A diet based mostly on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy.
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
Don’t be afraid of eating fat, low fat options are usually replaced with high sugar content eg in yoghurts etc. Fat is required for essential cell metabolism in the body, eating low fat is a fad and a myth. Stick to the good fats, as listed above, avoid hard fats such as lard and margarines are usually packed with chemicals, so avoid these
SUMMARY: Assemble each meal out of a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables. This will put you in the 20-50 gram carb range and significantly lower your hunger levels.
3. Gentle Exercise
You don’t need to exercise to lose weight, but it is recommended.
The best option is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Do a warm-up and lift some weights.
If you’re new to the gym, ask a trainer for some advice.
Studies on low-carb diets show that you can even gain a bit of muscle while losing significant amounts of body fat
Any exercise is good, that moves the joints and stimulates the circulation walking, cycling, yoga or swimming
What About Calories and Portion Control?
It is NOT necessary to count calories as long as you keep the carbs very low and stick to protein, fat and low-carb vegetables.
There are many great tools you can use to track the number of calories you are eating.
The main goal of this plan is to keep carbs under 50-100 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein and fat.
10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
Here are some more tips to lose weight even faster whilst on The SkinnyJab Programme
- Eat a good breakfast. Consuming your daily intake of carbs at this sitting.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight
- Avoid alcohol
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods. Certain foods are very useful for losing fat.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area.
- Drink coffee or tea. If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine can in them boost your metabolism by 3-11%. Avoid and stop ading sugar or sweeteners to your drinks
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones
- Weigh yourself every day. Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are much more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important